December 10, 2008

Plant some garlic

I try to use garlic in my cooking but I always seem to buy too much and it starts to go bad before I can use it all.

Boo hoo..

So what do I do with all of those extra bulbs? Why plant them of course! I just break apart the cloves that are left and plant them in pots or a special place in my garden. They'll grow and mature and spread and I'll not have to buy garlic for quite some time.

Super easy to grow - just dig it into the soil like your planting tulips - water - and that's pretty much it.

I think I've talked about garlic before and its health benefits but its really worth mentioning again. You can use garlic to fight ear infections and colds as well as fighting heart disease. Ok, it might smell bad but who can compare that to the benefits?

It's also great to put in soups, sauces and sautes - spread on some buttered bread to make garlic toast...hmm. Alright, that one may not be so good for the heart. Anyway, it adds some interest to your dishes and its good for you so, don't throw away that extra garlic, plant it and use it later!

No comments: