January 16, 2008

Onions

Onions, I'll admit, had to grow on me over the years ~ but really there are SO many varieties that you're bound to find one or two or ten that you like! Please do because the benefits are tremendous! Check this out:

they..

  • raise HDL (good) cholesterol
  • protects blood vessels
  • reduces risk of heart attacks
  • helps to reduce high blood-sugar levels

Try this Onion Wine to prevent colds and help keep your heart healthy!

  1. Puree 1 lb of peeled onions (3-4 fresh onions) in a blender or food processor ~ strain
  2. Add 14 lb of honey and 1 C of white wine
  3. Put in a bottle and store in a cool place

Take 1T 3x a day

(Recipe courtesy of The Complete Guide to Natural Healing)

1 comment:

ShellyH said...

Onion Wine...wow, I have never heard of that but definately worth trying. Thanks for an excellent blog. My oncologist has me on fresh ginger for abdominal problems and I find it more beneficial then taking some type of medication.

Shelly